Thank God for this father and his testament of love for his son. The video really speaks for itself, so other than to say I am astounded, emotional, and embarrassed by my own shortcomings, I will let you be the judge.
Below is the text of the email that pointed me to this video. I don't know if these words accurately reflect the story or not. Nevertheless, as I said... the video speaks for itself.
- A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'
- The father, who despite having a heart condition, says Yes.
- They went on to complete the marathon together.
- Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.
- One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.'
- To which, his father said 'Yes'.
- For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim,
- followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island. Father and son went on to complete the race together.